An Introduction

 

My name is Jasmine Geiken, and this is my Exploration in Arts Blog. 

    Some may wonder why this blog is important. For yourself, that answer may be there is no significance. But every question, every work of art, every thought or observation relies on that person’s perspective. The answer to this question from my perspective is simply that this blog is a symbol. A piece of work that will culminate over this semester. A time that is significant and important to myself, as it marks the beginning of my educational career with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Where I begin my bachelors and hopefully finish with my master’s degree. After over a decade of service in the Navy, I am ready to begin a service to myself. After a rough couple of years attempting to finish my pre-med degree while juggling a schedule within the military, and my success in graduation; the future opens up to a bigger and more interesting education. Education in the subject I have been working towards for the better part of my life.

    Though I am a Clinical Psychology Major, Art has always been of great interest to me. For years in both school and personal experience, I have heard from multiple people that I have an artistic talent. Though I do not think this talent of professional stature. Usually in sketching or painting. I recently discovered a pottery studio in my current location that I have been utilizing in my off time. Painting pottery is a newer and more enjoyable hobby of mine. I have dabbled in photography, canvas painting, and drawing. But I would say that photography and painting pottery is among my highest joys within the realm of art.

    One painting that has always held a special place in my heart is the Starry night by Vincent Van Gogh. The painting itself is not my focus, but the expression behind how Van Gogh has managed to capture the sky and stars. The dot like procedure with which he has managed to produce the wind, the moon, and stars. It is, and always will be, a unique way of painting that I enjoy.


"VINCENT VAN GOGH: STARRY NIGHT". Vangoghgallery.Com, 2022, https://vangoghgallery.com/painting/starry-night.html

    Above is a hyperlink that will take you to the Van Gogh gallery website. It is a website that shows Van Gogh’s artwork, different descriptions of what they mean, and how they came about. Please do not hesitate to visit the site as it gives a lot of information about artwork that is widely known.


Comments

  1. Vincent Van Gogh has always been one of my favorite artists. One of my favorite paintings is Gate in the Paris Ramparts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinical psychology! In the past I worked with art therapist who work closely with their clinical counterparts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts